This week we're focusing on Portland in honor of its FIRST natural wine festival happening! Check out Wild Bunch!
Portland is a fun one because they not only have some great places to sip natural wine, they have some amazing natural winemakers! For this post we also have some great local partners contributing to the piece and giving some notes on their favorite places, so check out their notes below!
Some restaurants to check out:
Dame– 2930 NE Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR 97211
Sardine Head– 5202 N Albina Ave, Portland, OR 97217
- It has wonderful natty wines, a great happy hour and so much amazing tinned fishies and spreads! - Valerie
Olympia Provisions SE– 107 SE Washington Street, Portland, OR 97214
Enoteca Nostrana– 1401 SE Morrison Street, Suite 105 Portland, OR 97214
OK Omens– 1758 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214
- Natural wine bar and restaurant and their happy hour is really wonderful. They also have the best descriptions of the wines, very hilarious. -Valerie
Ava Gene’s– 3377 SE Division Street, Portland, OR 97202
Clyde Common- 1014 SW Harvey Milk St, Portland, OR 97205
These are the bars to check out!
Bar Norman– 2615 SE Clinton Street, Portland, OR 97202
Bar Diane- Entrance on NW 21st Ave through the gate next to Eb & Bean, Portland, OR 97210
- Is ADORABLE and has really lovely natural wines, local and imported, and some great small plates to go with them. - Valerie
Les Caves- 1719 NE Alberta St, Portland, OR 97211
Ardor Natural Wine
Shops you should check out are:
Ardor– 729 SE Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97214
Hollywood Beverage- 3028 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97232
- I absolutely love Hollywood Beverage, they have a great sommelier and really great prices on local and imported natural wine. They don't label the natural wines, so if you don't know them by name/sight, you'll have to ask. - Valerie
Park Avenue Fine Wines- 626 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205
- Has natty wines but they are a bit vague about what is a natural wine- they had a very small section set up. - Valerie
Real Good Food- 935 Northeast Couch Street, Portland, OR, 97232
- Stocks natural wines and they are great at sourcing incredible ingredients to go along with them. The owners are really great about talking about the wines and they also have some beautiful vermouths. - Valerie
Oregon Natural Winemakers
Note that most are small and probably don’t do tours, but it doesn’t mean you can’t seek out their wines! Check site by site for options:
Also, I want to take a moment to give a HUGE thank you to our local contributors! Find them below with their social and links if you want to see people drinking the best natural wine in Portland!
Valerie Cochran - @valerieladonna
Now back to you! Did we miss some? Where do you love to get natural wine? Let us know in the comments or on social!