This week we're focusing on Portland in honor of its FIRST natural wine festival happening! Check out Wild Bunch!
Portland is a fun one because they not only have some great places to sip natural wine, they have some amazing natural winemakers! For this post we also have some great local partners contributing to the piece and giving some notes on their favorite places, so check out their notes below!
We have worked to put notes on all these establishments for their COVID regulations so you can know what kind of experience to expect. These regulations change often so please let us know if you find any changes and we will keep this map as updated as possible!
Enoteca Nostrana, Portland,OR
Some restaurants to check out:
Ava Gene’s – 3377 SE Division Street, Portland, OR 97202
- Italian eatery serving cocktails & upscale fare, including family-style options, in a chic space. Dine-in, curbside pickup and delivery
- An array of pastries, Nordic-French fare, coffee & cocktails served in a tiny, all-white dining room. Curbside pickup and no delivery
Arden - 417 NW 10th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
- Warm, rustic-modern outpost offering seasonal Pacific Northwest cuisine & a sizeable wine menu.
Olympia Provisions SE– 107 SE Washington Street, Portland, OR 97214
- Housemade charcuterie & European-style meals provided in an industrial space with a to-go counter. Dine-in, curbside pickup and no-contact delivery
OK Omens – 1758 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214
- Natural wine bar and restaurant and their happy hour is really wonderful. They also have the best descriptions of the wines, very hilarious. -Valerie
- Outdoor heated patio dining
- Dine-in, takeaway and delivery
Luce - 2140 E Burnside St, Portland, OR 97214 ( also a wine shop)
- Petite, low-key Italian restaurant and grocery serving housemade pastas & seasonal entrees. Takeaway only
Sardine Head– 5202 N Albina Ave, Portland, OR 97217
- Takeaway only
- It has wonderful natty wines, a great happy hour and so much amazing tinned fishies and spreads! - Valerie
Dame - 2930 NE Killingsworth St, Portland, OR 97211
- "Women-owned and run, Dame is a gem in Portland's NE neighborhood off of Killingsworth. Not only do I love this restaurant because their food is amazing, but during the pandemic closure they turned the dining room into a natural wine bottle shop. Their knowledge of food and wine makes pairing a dream and in the summer head there for Happy Hour on their picnic patio tables out front for a quintessential Portland evening." - Krystal Weakley
Bar Norman, Portland, OR
These are the bars to check out!
Bar Diane - Entrance on NW 21st Ave through the gate next to Eb & Bean, Portland, OR 97210 (also a wine shop)
- Dine-in, curbside pickup and no delivery
- Is ADORABLE and has really lovely natural wines, local and imported, and some great small plates to go with them. - Valerie
Les Caves - 1719 NE Alberta St, Portland, OR 97211
- Subterranean wine bar serving rare & natural wines, plus limited snacks, in a rustic cave. No-contact delivery
Enoteca Nostrana - 1401 SE Morrison St Ste 105, Portland, OR 97214 (Also a Restaurant!)
- "The wine bar next door to James Beard nominee Cathy Whim's restaurant, Nostrana, this wine bar will not disappoint. I love the wide selection of wines as well as the amazing food you can order alongside it (handmade pastas and wood fire pizzas). A favorite for taking out of towners or just heading to grab a fun dinner with my local friends." - Krystal Weakley
Bar Norman - 2615 SE Clinton St, Portland, OR 97202 (Also a bottle shop!)
- Fashionable bar for wine connoisseurs with high ceilings & large windows, serving bar nibbles.
- "Head to Southeast Clinton to this darling wine bar, Bar Norman. This bar provides a bright and fun patio atmosphere on a happy hour or a cozy, sexy scene for a date night. The list of wines by the glass is very dynamic so you can try a bunch of different natural wines that all have a very unique point of view. You're for sure going to find something you like by the glass and if not, they have a bottle shop right in the bar for you to shop from." - Krystal Weakley
Vino Veritas - 7835 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97215
- Also a bottle shop!
- "Head a little farther southeast and you'll find Vino Veritas a wine bar/bottle shop with over 400 wines to choose from. Their staff is some of the nicest around and they have a great patio for spring/summer. I love this place because it's the perfect neighborhood spot to drink with friends and feel completely at ease and welcome." - Krystal Weakley
Beso Bar & Bottle - 148 B Avenue, Suite 200, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034 (About 8 miles south of Portland)
- An all-day European-inspired eaterie and wine bar with a nod to the up-and-coming from near and far.
- They champion a large selection of low intervention and natural wine AND they're women-owned!
Nil. Wine Bar - 4243 SE Belmont ST #300 Portland, OR 97215
- A natural wine bar right next to Ardor!
Ardor Natural Wine, Portland, OR
Shops you should check out are:
Park Avenue Fine Wines- 626 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205 (also a wine bar)
- In-store shopping, curbside pickup and delivery
- Has natty wines but they are a bit vague about what is a natural wine- they had a very small section set up. - Valerie
Hollywood Beverage- 3028 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97232
- I absolutely love Hollywood Beverage, they have a great sommelier and really great prices on local and imported natural wine. They don't label the natural wines, so if you don't know them by name/sight, you'll have to ask. - Valerie
- In-store shopping · Curbside pickup
Well Spent Market - 935 Northeast Couch Street, Portland, OR, 97232
- In-store shopping, curbside pickup and delivery
- Stocks natural wines and they are great at sourcing incredible ingredients to go along with them. The owners are really great about talking about the wines and they also have some beautiful vermouths. - Valerie
Division Wines - 3564 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97202
- In-store shopping and Curbside pickup
- "Division Wines is one of my favorite wine shops in town. Located off of busy Division Street, you can grab a glass of wine at this spot then leave with a great bottle from a local producer or a natural wine from anywhere in the world. The shop is not exclusively natural wine, but their team is super friendly and helpful in finding exactly what you need in your price range." - Krystal Weakley
Ardor - 4243 SE Belmont St UNIT 400, Portland, OR 97215
- "100% Natural Wine Shop in Southeast Portland. Find anything from small local natural wines from the Willamette Valley to obscure wines from small vineyards in France. I love this shop because you're guaranteed to find some totally unique wines you'll want to keep going back to. This is where I found my love for Swick Wines here in the Pacific Northwest!" - Krystal Weakley
Oregon Natural Winemakers
Note that most are small and probably don’t do tours, but it doesn’t mean you can’t seek out their wines! Check site by site for options:
Also, I want to take a moment to give a HUGE thank you to our local contributors! Find them below with their social and links if you want to see people drinking the best natural wine in Portland!
Now back to you! Did we miss some? Where do you love to get natural wine? Let us know in the comments or on social!