Options for shipping wine during the summer
With summer upon us we wanted to walk through all the options you have to control your wine shipment. Although the vast majority of boxes make it to our users safe and sound throughout the summer, if you want to take extra care of your shipment, you can do that!
Important note: the single biggest reason we see product issues during the summer is from last-mile shipments not picked up the day they're out for delivery. Please be sure that someone 21+ is home when your wine is scheduled to be delivered.
All our wine currently ships from Napa, CA. Transit times vary from 1-2 business days for most of the west coast to 3-5 business days for the east coast. We offer 3 options of shipping in the summer months (June-August).
- UPS Ground:
- This is our standard shipping without any additional precautions for heat.
- UPS Temp Controlled with Recyclable Foam & Ice Pack:
- This is a product that must be purchased at checkout. Orders placed online Tuesdays by 12pm PST will be boxed and palletized that week and picked up by a temperature controlled truck that Friday. Your wine will travel to the nearest shipping hub (there's 5 across the country). At that point, UPS will add an ice pack and send it to its final destination via UPS Ground. You will receive an email with your UPS tracking number, but it will not yet be recognized in the UPS system until it leaves the hub, at which point transit times should be 1-4 days.
- This can increase total transit times up to 10 days.
- Temperature Control Shipping is available to all states we can normally ship to EXCEPT for AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, KS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, and WA. Because those states are near our warehouse, orders to those states that choose an ice pack + foam insert will be shipped via standard UPS ground with an ice pack and foam shipper.
- UPS Next-Day with Recyclable Foam & Ice Pack
- We recommend this option if you live outside of CA and want the wine to arrive quickly. Wine is shipped via air with minimal transit time.
Club Member Shipping Options
Wine club members have the same options as the retail orders but will need to update their preferences in their account! Review the options above and use the following steps to update your shipping options.
No matter what option you select, you MUST log into your account first for either option to work.
Access your account by clicking on the person outline at the top of the page.
Add Next-Day Shipping
When you log in, you'll be taken to a page that shows past orders and the addresses associated with your account. This is helpful for knowing what you've ordered but is NOT where you update your address or billing information for the club. To get to the page where you can update your information, click "Click to Manage Your Subscription."
Click to Manage Your Subscription."
Update Shipping Option
After you've navigated to the manage your subscription page, you will have the options to update your Address and Shipping Information, so click on this drop-down.
Under Shipping Method Click Edit
From the drop-down, select your desired shipping rate and pricing. Then click Save Changes and you'll be good to go for the summer months!
We will reset the shipping options in September, so no action will be needed to revert back to standard shipping!
Add Ice Pack to Shipments
After logging in you will navigate to the Ice Pack Page.
Note that YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN for this option to appear.
That's it! From there you should be good to go!
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get your account sorted with you!