A tropical, bright orange wine that's the perfect entry into a skin-contact wine! 80% of the wine spends 5 hours on the skins while the other 20% is fermented, crushed, and kept on skins in stainless steel for 30 days.
Tasting Notes: Lively with texture and notes of citrus and pineapple!
Pairing Suggestions: Wiener Schnitzel, Grilled Chicken, Seafood
Located in the Grossriedenthal area of the Wagram region, Josef Bauer, alongside his wife Eva Maria, comprise the extraordinary winemakers of Weingut Familie Bauer. The Bauers believe in creating wines of the best quality by being conscientious of the environment by employing green covering of existing flora that cultivates the natural diversity of landscape and hence reflects the terroir found in their wines. In their modern cellar they craft crisp, clean wines from their 17 hectares of vines, including Grüner Veltliner and Roter Veltliner, the stars of this vineyard, as well as Spätburgunder, Zweigelt, Merlot, Blauburger and Riesling, among others. - Savio Soares Selections
As Featured In
About Natural Wine
Great question! There are a lot of definitions for natural wine with the main term you'll hear being that it has had minimal intervention. To be more specific, our definition is that the wine must first be sustainably farmed, which typically means it was organically or biodynamically farmed.
Then, in the cellar the natural winemaking process has some differences as well! The wine is typically unfined, unfiltered, and goes through spontaneous fermentation with native yeasts. If you want to know more about what natural wine is, we have an entire guide under our reference section!
The short answer is that natural wine can taste like any other kind of conventional wine (we like to call these stealth natural wines) or it can taste quite a bit different, as production methods can vary and potentially be lighter, or in a style you've never had before (like orange, pet-nat or amphora).
The natural wine community is also more accepting of some qualities in wines that conventional would consider a flaw, like Brett, some oxidation, or volatile acidity. We would consider these in high amounts to also be a flaw, but in many cases a touch of these qualities can ultimately improve their flavor and texture and be happily accepted in a natural wine.
To find out more about what natural wine tastes like, check out our full blog and podcast on the topic here.
The short answer is, no! But many are. Glou-glou describes winesthat are easily chuggable, impossible to put the glass down, and seductively delicious! They tend to be young and fresh, designed to be drunk early with an average ABV of around 10%. Check out different styles or glou glou natural wine here on our site.