For International Women's Day we hosted a clubhouse to discuss all things women in natural wine and had some great discussions and take aways! Because we can't record them or share links on clubhouse, we're putting all our takeaways in quick posts for accessibility!
Host: Holly Berrigan of MYSA Natural Wine
- Gabriella Bergsten of Garneau Block
- Josie Zeiger of Violette Wine Co and MFW Wine Co
- Marlen Sosa-Porter of Amplify Wines
- Laura Brennan Bissell of Inconnu Wine
- Renée Sferrazza of @wine.by.renee
- Jirka Jireh of Industry Sessions
- Etinosa Emokpae of Friday Saturday Sunday
- Vanessa Vin of Wine Enthusiast and Hue Society
- Steph Sloan of Steven Graf Imports
- Christy Frank of Copake Wine Works, Wine Australia and The Feiring Line Newsletter
- Women winemakers to watch
- Stories from Bree, Marlen, and Laura on getting started in natural wine.
- Laura graciously offered her time to people looking to get into winemaking.
- Marlen talked about the recently launched Natural Action Wine Club and the initiatives they are spearheading for supporting BIPOC students in wine.
- Discussion of the use of womxn, women, and womyn.
- There is a great event upcoming via Lift Collective addressing this.
- Discussions of workers rights and migrant work in US. Whether this should be considered in the definition of natural wine.
- Where we hope to see the industry this time next year:
- Looking for BIPOC leadership in wine by 2022
- Continued connections, like we're finding on Clubhouse even post-COVID
- More wines and ciders from Canada + hybrid grapes
- Upcoming events:
- Everyone is invited to host topics in natural wine during the Wednesday sessions! Just reach out to @hollyberrigan with your topic and scheduling.
Resources and Links Mentioned
Thank you to everyone who attended and we hope you join us for our upcoming programming! Check it all out on Clubhouse here.
P.S. If you need an invite message us and we can get you one!